- 95g raw peanuts
- 150g oatmeal
- 15ml cornflour Flour
- 15ml fine Cornmeal
- 230g Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 230g evaporated milk
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of all spice
- 2.5ml teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2.5ml Salt
- Water as needed (900ml to 2000ml depending on thickness preferred)
For milk free version I replaced sweetened condensed milk with coconut milk and used the syrup to sweeten. I replaced the evaporated milk with soya or almond milk. This also makes it the vegan version.
- Place the peanuts, cornflour, cornmeal, oatmeal, and both milks and in a blender and process until it is almost smooth. You may need to do this in batches and add a little water to ease the process
- Place 250ml of water in a pot and bring to the boil with the salt, then turn down the heat.
- Add the processed mixture to the boiling water and stir vigorously using a whisk.
- Bring the rest of the water to a boil and add a bit as a time as the mixture thickens till you achieve a consistency you like.
- Stir until evenly mixed. (Do not let the mixture get lumpy)
- Cover and cook on low setting, stirring occasionally.
- After about 12 minutes add the vanilla extract, nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice and syrup if using to sweeten.
- Stir until evenly mixed. Cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn of the heat and allow the porridge to slightly cool before serving, dusted with cinnamon.